Sports Jose Mourinho's Words After Man Utd's 3-1 Defeat by Watford

L

LequteMan

Manchester United on Sunday lost their third game in a row after putting up an ineffective languid display.

The Red Devils deservedly lost against an inspired Watford who put 3 past David De Gea.

Capoue put Watford in front in the first half before Marcus Rashford leveled in the 62nd minute. Paul Pogba then left his man unmarked who squared up for fresh substitute Zuniga who then smashed home 6 minutes to the end of the game. Troy Deeney made it 3 from the spot in the 90 minute after Marouane Fellaini committed a foul in the 18 yard box.

Speaking after the game, Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho said:

“I reflect on three factors from the match, but only one of them I can improve.

"The first factor depends on ourselves, it relates to our individual mistakes and collective mistakes as individual players and as a team. We have to improve something, it is in our hands.

"The second factor is the referee and I can’t control their mistakes, The story of the game is the result and not the ridiculous situation of the first goal.

"The third factor is luck, we didn’t have it. We were the best team when we lost. Heurelho Gomes made a phenomenal save from a Zlatan Ibrahimovic header."

"We started the season very well and had good results. I feel the first moment we had a defeat, a difficult situation, some of the boys are having a bit of difficulty coping with the negativity.

"You see Ashley Young, his mentality the happiness and confidence he brought to the game is something more players need to have."

Attachments

• mourinhoo2.jpg
    mourinhoo2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 7
Back