• FOR SALE: One bedroom executive flat, Lagos, Nigeria | Get details]

Business Julius Berger Stopped From Mass Sack of Nigerian Workers


L

LequteMan

Guest
✅ NEW - car park, swimming pool, 24 hours light/security and more.
Construction giant Julius Berger has been instructed by the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) in Abuja to shelve its plans to sack over 500 security personnel after some of the company’s workers ran to the court for an interim injunction to stop the exercise following an alleged plot to relieve the workers of their jobs, Leadership online says.

The applicants, Olowo Toyin and Aigbeni Matthew, representatives of the staff facing the axe who are from the security department of the 1st defendant, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Abuja, in suit no: NICN/ABJ/270/ 2014, on September 28 dragged Julius Berger before the court over “plans to sack” the applicants.

Also joined in the suit as 2nd defendant is Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

At the end of the hearing on the motion on notice earlier in the week, the presiding judge, Justice M. N. Esowe said, “The defendant is hereby ordered to maintain status quo till the ruling on the motion on notice is delivered.”

Subsequently, she adjourned the hearing on the matter till November 6, 2014 for ruling on the motion on notice.

At the hearing yesterday, lawyer to the defendants, Mr. Dotun Sokale informed the court that the applicants did not serve the court processes on his clients on time but wondered why an interim order was given against his clients on September 30 in their absence.

#JuliusBerger #Nigeria #NSCDC #Leadership

gavel2.jpg
 
Top