World Justine Clarke Becomes First Woman In a Wheelchair to Enter Miss World [PHOTOS]

P

PressRoom

'A wheelchair does not define me or limit me. I can still be strong, feminine and beautiful.', says 26-year old Justine Clarke last Sunday. She became the first Australian woman in a wheelchair to compete in the Miss World Australia contest.

Justine competed in the state's final in Adelaide, suffers a 'lower leg deformity' and was keen to be involved with the competition due to their 'Beauty With a Purpose' movement - a mission to benefit 'the most vulnerable in our society.'

justine 2.jpg

In addition, the stunning blonde is also smashing stereotypes and is on a mission to make the runway an accepting place for all women.

'I want the catwalk to be a fair and inclusive place for everyone,' she said.

Ms Clarke has been in a wheelchair for two years, but she has not yet opened up about the circumstances surrounding it.

justine.jpg

When she spoke with The Advertsier, Ms Clarke said: 'I don’t really want to go in to what happened but I want to be a role model and empower young women.'

'For somebody in a wheelchair to be able to compete is a big thing. I really hope it sends a message that no matter what your race, size or disability - whatever makes you different - you are beautiful.'

--
DailyMail

Back