Metro Kaduna Youths Protest 10-month Power Outage

P

ProfRem

Youths of Kamanzo Community in Kaduna metropolis have embarked on protest over alleged 10 months of power outage in the area by barricading the roads causing gridlock for several hours on Monday, DailyPost reports.

The District Head of Kamanzo Community, Malam Dan-Makama, who confirmed the development, said that he had personally written to KEDCO on the matter, but the effort had yielded no result.

However, he appealed to the protesting youths to return to their homes, to prevent the situation from becoming violent.

kedco.jpe

According to him, “I have a generator in my house, but I had to stop using it to identify with my people.

Speaking on behalf of the community, Mr. Suleimanu Haruna told newsmen that the area had been without power supply for 10 months.

According to him, all efforts by the community to get the attention of the Kaduna Electric Distribution Company, KEDCO, to remedy the situation were unsuccessful.

The spokesman explained further that the company had removed the two transformers serving the community after repeated breakdown due to overloading.

When contacted, KEDCO’s Head of Media and Community Relations, Mr. Idris Muhammad, confirmed the power outage, stating that the community needed three transformers for immediate use.

DailyPOSt

Back