Sports Keshi is experimenting with the Super Eagles - Garba Lawal

Ex -international Garba Lawal has criticised Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi on his choice of players that he invites to the national team.

Keshi this weekend called up 24 players for the forthcoming Nations Cup qualifiers against Sudan next month,with criticisms trailing the players he has invited.

Lawal who represented Nigeria at World Cup and African Nations Cup tournaments said Keshi is experimenting with the players he invites to the national team.

“I don’t know what the coach thinks, but the way I see it, we keep experimenting. I don’t know when we will stop experimenting with players because I believe that if your team isn’t working, you change your style but it seems like he wants to hold the country to ransom," Lawal was quoted to have said by Vanguard Sports.

“The selection process shouldn’t be restricted to a group of players, but should be made open. Nigeria is not just some individuals, but for everybody, but I just don’t understand, I just don’t understand,” stated Lawal.

Five new players were called up by Keshi,with some of them even playing in relatively unknown leagues,China and Austria.

Garba Lawal.gif

Back