Keshi needs more support – Former NFF President

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Former President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Sani Lulu,has called for more support for Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi.

Lulu’s clarion call is stemmed from the fact,that Keshi is gradually rebuilding the national team,and needs patience to be able to achieve a finished product.

The former NFF President,who was impeached alongside his executives,following Nigeria’s poor campaign at the last FIFA 2010 World Cup in South Africa,said that Keshi needs time.

“Recently, I have heard comments directed at coach Keshi which I find very unfair,” Lulu was quoted as saying on Futaa.com

“The young man has achieved so much within a short time and should be given all the necessary support he needs to achieve more. ”

“I want his detractors to leave him alone, so that he can concentrate on rebuilding the Super Eagles for us.”

“Even as he is the chief Coach of Eagles, Keshi has his limitations. It is the responsibility of the NFF to provide an enabling environment for the players to thrive.”

Aked to comment about the bonus crisis between the NFF and the Super Eagles,considering that it was during his time that the match-bonus was raised to $10,000,Lulu said.

“If any agreement has been reached with the players, it must be honoured. If there is any problem, the authorities should either make sacrifice or sit down with the team for discussions”

Continue reading...

Back