Sports Keshi set to recall IK Uche to Eagles camp

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has revealed that he will give Villareal of Spain striker Ikechukwu Uche ,another chance to prove why he should be included in his 2014 FIFA World Cup squad.

Uche's last appearance in the Eagles jersey was at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa and has since then been in an impressive form scoring 12 goals in 19 appearances for the Yellow Submarine in the Spanish Liga.

Keshi explained that he has been monitoring the performance of the Nigerian international and would give him a chance when the time comes.

"I have been following the exploits of Ike Uche in Spain just like other players in Europe and when I send in my World Cup list his efforts would not go unrewarded,” Keshi told Complete Sports.

“The Eagles team is very open for any Nigerian who is doing well in any part of the world,” he said.

The ‘Big Boss’ also hinted that his ambition is to do well in Brazil and for this reason will pick the best legs on ground.

"The aim is to do well at the World Cup and to do that we must have our best players available for selection.

“We have quite a lot of players doing well at home and abroad and we hope to give everyone of them the opportunity to fight for a place in the World Cup-bound team."

Keshi, refused to predict how far Eagles will fly in Brazil but said that he will ensure the team work hard to get past the group stage.

"We have to first of all ensure that we qualify from the group then take the matches as they come. Hard work and focus will be the key to what we will achieve in Brazil and by the grace of God we shall not fail to leave our mark," he said.

Nigeria will face Argentina, Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina in Group F of the quadrennial global football fiesta.

-allsport.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back