Sports Keshi to tour Europe for Nigerian-born players

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi,has revealed that he would be touring Europe,in search of players,who are of Nigerian descent.
Keshi said that he has come up with a list Nigerian-born players in Europe,whom he is likely to give a run-in to bolster the Super Eagles team.
Top on the list is Liverpool’s youngster,Jordan Ibe,who has come through the ranks at the Merseyside club,and had a fantastic 2013 pre-season campaign with the English side.
“I’ve been told he (Ibe) is a very good prospect with potential to become one of the best wingers in the world. I have not had time to watch him in any of his club’s games but definitely I will do so this season,”Keshi said.
“I have been informed that there are so many players out there with Nigerian parentage and a few I know myself. We will be looking out for them,” Keshi added.
Keshi however pointed out that he will do his part,by reaching out to these players,but that the final decision would be theirs,whether to play for the national team or not.
“Tracking or listing players who are Nigerians but born abroad is one thing while accepting to play for the country is another, ” Keshi further stated.
The most recent incident of a player who turned down Nigeria,is Sidney Sam,whom the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) was preparing his paperwork,only for him to accept a call-up by Germany.

Continue reading...

Back