Metro Killer Husband Has a Child outside Wedlock – Victim Family Alleges

kemi

Social Member
The family of late Ronke Shonde (nee Bewaji) has once again reacted to the series of the allegations levelled against her by her husband, Lekan.

READ: I Never Killed My Wife, She Was Hypertensive – Lekan Shonde Speaks From Custody

Ronke’s sister Bolatito Bewaji, said in an interview with PUNCH on Tuesday that Lekan allegedly killed her sister due to jealousy and insecurity.

shondes 2.jpg

She said the problem started when Ronke discovered that her husband had a child outside wedlock, which affected their marriage.

Bolatito said her sister had endured a long period of domestic abuse, adding that sometime in December 2015, she almost packed out of his house.

She said her sister would not have died if she had listened when she (Bolatito) and their mother begged her to leave the house after a series of abuse.

She said, “The first case of abuse which I can remember happened sometime in 2012. The most recent was in December 2015, when we were still mourning the death of my brother. My mother was in the house with them when he started to verbally assault her. It was getting heated and my mum had to immediately leave the house. My mum called me and I went to a police station closest to the house. The policemen there said I could not report the case since I was not the victim.”

She said she went to her sister’s house, but her husband refused to let her go, which created a scene on their street.

Read more HERE

Back