Politics Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello Releases Statement Over Killing of Fulani Chairman

P

ProfRem

The State Governor, Yahaya Bello has warned that those behind the assassination of the Chairman, Kogi Chapter of Wuro Miyetti-Allah Association, Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar will be apprehended and made to face the wrath of the law.

Bello’s warning was contained in a statement released yesterday by his Chief Press Secretary, Petra Akinti Onyegbule.

The governor appealed for calm in the state following the incident, and strongly discouraged reaction from any quarters.

kogiGov.JPG

He said, “I received with sadness, the death of Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar today. On behalf of the good people of Kogi State, I express my condolences to the Wuro Miyetti-Allah Association over the dastardly act which claimed the life of the late Alhaji Abubakar.

“As painful as this must be, I enjoin all to be calm as government is already working with security agencies to fish out the perpetrators of this heinous crime as soon as possible, and made to face the consequences of their cowardly actions.

“May Almighty Allah grant Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar Al-Jannah Firdaus.”

Bello added, “It is important that crime does not go unpunished, in order to send a resounding message to all and sundry that such will not be tolerated in Kogi State under his watch.”

Back