Metro Lagos: NSCDC Officials Shoot, Rob Motorists for Failing to Give Them N5000 Bribe

L

LequteMan

Two rogue officers of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) have brutalized two members of an oil firm for failing to give them a N5,000 bribe, Punch reports.

The victims are a tanker driver, Lawal Amobi, and the company manager, Tolu Oyinloye.

Apart from assaulting the driver, they injured him on his face and back, reportedly robbed him of two phones and a sum of N32,000, while the manager was dispossessed of N48,000.

The NSCDC men had flagged down the diesel-laden tanker around 6pm on Friday along Wilmer Road, Ajegunle, and asked him to produce his waybill and an operating licence issued by the Department of Petroleum Resources.

“But the NSCDC officials were not satisfied with it. The manager explained to them that it was what the company gave us. Their team leader refused to release the waybill and requested N5,000 from us.

“We told them that our documents were complete. The manager begged them with N500. They collected the money and entered into their van with the waybill and the DPR licence. We told them there was still diesel in the truck and we had to tender the waybill if any other security agent stopped us. They just zoomed off.

“As we were following them on a motorcycle, I called the chairman of a depot in Coconut, where I loaded the product. I explained what happened to the chairman and he said we should follow them to their office.

“As we followed their van, we begged them. They suddenly parked on the Mile 2 Bridge and came down from the vehicle. When he saw the anger on their faces, the motorcycle rider sped off. They attacked me with blows, boots and the butts of their rifles. They vowed to kill us. One of them collected a Techno phone I was using to make calls, while another dipped his hand into my pocket, took my second phone, iPhone 4, and the N32,000 on me.”

When they got to Lacasera bus stop on Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, they met another driver being dealt with by another team of the corps. On seeing this, the officials unleashed another round of terror on them. Amosun said they had to run for dear lives when the beating became unbearable.

“We managed to escape from them. They started shooting at us. We didn’t get their names because there were no name tags on them. But we were able to get the number plate of their vehicle – CD 167 A01.

Attachments

• NSCDC-j.jpg
    NSCDC-j.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
Back