Metro Lagos: Pastor Hijacks Truck With N25m Goods to Expand His Church

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - The Federal Anti-robbery Squad in Lagos have arrested three persons for allegedly diverting a truck load of split air conditioners valued at about N25 million.

The suspects had hijacked the truck and had transported the goods to their warehouse.

A suspect, Pastor Peter Iyasele, was arrested at Igando area of the metropolis by a team of police detectives, who had mounted surveillance for him. Others are, Anthony Ibiade, and Amas Debar.

In his confession, Iyasele said he intends to use the proceed from the operation to expand his church.

gavel2.jpg

“My name is Peter Iyesele, 56-year-old, I am married and I have four children. I am a pastor and I have a church along Badagry expressway.

“I was arrested at Igando bus-stop for participating in hijacking and diversion of goods worth over N25 million. I have been engaging in these operations for years but after a while I stopped and invested proceeds from the operations in transportation.”

The suspect further alleged that he opted out of the gang nine years ago when he gave his life to Christ.

“I had made enough from series of operations in the past and I was doing well in my transportation business before I was duped by a woman,” he said.

The self-acclaimed pastor further said that he went back to the crime to raise enough money to expand his church, adding that had he succeeded, he would have used the proceeds to build a house for God.

Reports said the suspects were arrested following a tip off from a public spirited person, alleging that the trio had hijacked a truck carrying about 25 units of heavy duty outdoor split air conditioners worth over N25 million.

Daily Trust

Back