Metro Lagos Wife Gets Divorce After 9 Years of Sexual Starvation

A

abujagirl

An Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos on Tuesday dissolved an 18-year-old marriage between Mr Olive Omoletu and his wife, Toyin, over sex denial for nine years.

The sex-starved 38-year-old Toyin, who is a nurse at a traditional hospital, had approached the court on February 26, seeking the dissolution of the union.

The President of the court, Mr T.K. Dabor, ruled that the couple should go their separate ways as the marriage had broken down irretrievably.

He granted the custody of the children to Toyin pending the outcome of the family court’s ruling.

Dabor ordered the husband to pay a monthly upkeep allowance of N15, 000 for the three children of the marriage and that he should have free access to them.

Earlier, the estranged wife had told the court that her former husband had not slept with her in the last nine years.

She said her husband had always complained of tiredness to escape the woman’s overtures.

"Since we had our last son, my husband has refused to perform his `duty’. I would have left him since but he was always seeking my mother's intervention.

"Not quite long I discovered that someone placed a thunderbolt (in local parlance – magun) on me, but I was helped by a traditionalist. He also consumes too much of alcohol drinks and very hostile to me and my children.

"I beg this court for instant dissolution of this marriage to enable me to move on with my life,’’Toyin, who resides at Hassan Street, Majidun area of Ikorodu, said.

The 46-year-old husband, who is a welder, had earlier sought a possible reconciliation.

He said, "Please help me beg my wife, I will make amends, I do not want her to leave me".

#Lagos

divorce.jpg

Back