Politics Leaked Memo Reveals Oyo-Ita Warned Buhari About Maina But He Didn't Listen

L

LequteMan

A leaked memo by Head of Service, Winnifred Oyo-Ita has revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari knew about the re-appointment of ex-pension reform boss Abdulrasheed Maina into the civil service, and was warned about the implications to his anti-corruption war.

It seems the president turned deaf ears to the warnings.

Her memo was sent to the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari. It was dated October 23. Part of it says:

“Further to your letter Ref. SH/COS/100/A/1570 dated 23rd October, 2017 on the above subject matter, I write to inform you of the circumstances leading to the irregular recall of Mr. Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina.

“I wrote to place on record the following facts as it permits to Mr. A. A. Maina who was dismissed from service on 21st February, 2013.

“The move to recall Mr. A. A. Maina was at the instance of a series of letters from the Attorney General of the Federation to the Federal Civil Service Commission requesting the commission to give consequential effect to the judgement that voided the warrant of arrest issued against Mr. A. A. Maina which formed the basis for the query and his eventual dismissal.

“Please note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCSC to Mr. A. A. Maina nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA. Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.

Attachments

• WInifred-Oyo-Ita-Head-of-Service-300x225.jpg
    WInifred-Oyo-Ita-Head-of-Service-300x225.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 15
Back