Sports Li NA retires from playing Tennis

Two-time Grand Slam winner Li Na has announced her retirement from playing tennis.
Na won her first Grand Slam title in 2011 at the French Open,making her the first Asian player to become the singles champion in Slam.

The 32-year old Chinese player announced that she is retiring from the sport following a spate of "chronic" injuries.

"Walking away from the sport, effective immediately, is the right decision for me and my family," she said in an open letter addressed to the fans.

"It took me several agonising months to finally come to the decision that my chronic injuries will never again let
me be the tennis player that I can be."

"After four knee surgeries and hundreds of shots injected into my knee weekly to alleviate swelling and pain, my body is begging me to stop the pounding.

"While I've come back from surgery in the past, this time it felt different. As hard as I tried to get back to being 100%, my body kept telling me that, at 32, I will not be able to compete at the top level ever again."
Na is a hero in China,helping in projecting the image of tennis in her country,and she has revealed that she will be working on improving the game more in China.

Li Na.jpg

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Back