Lightening Bolt wins 200m gold medal

C

Chris Maduewesi

There was no stopping Usain Bolt,as he on Saturday raced to another victory,winning the men’s 200m in style.
Bolt claimed the gold medal at the World Athletics Championship,winning the race in a fascinating time of 19.66secs.
The victory was the third successive world title for Bolt in the 200m event.
Another Jamiacan,Warren Weir trailed in second position with a personal best time of 19.79secs while America’s Curtis Mitchell came third in a time 20.04secs.
“The 100m is for the fans, and for the show as the fastest man in the world, but for me it means more to come here and defend my 200 title,” Bolt told BBC Sport.
“When I entered the straight, I felt tired, my legs felt a little heavy. And my coach told me not to push too hard if it was possible, so I backed off a little.”
“What an experience this whole championships has been for me,” Bolt added.
“There are no words to describe how I’m feeling. I knew I would be in the mix if I executed my race. I didn’t execute it as well as I could have, but I still have a lot of people to thank. I’m very lucky and I’m really happy.”
Bolt has an opportunity to add to his already impressive medals haul,in the Men’s 4x100m relay race on Sunday.

Continue reading...

Back