Sports Lionel Messi Doubtful For Saturday's El Classico Despite Recovery Progress- Enrique

Barcelona coach, Luis Enrique, has disclosed that Argentine's Lionel Messi isn't %100 fit for this Saturday’s Clasico, but did not confirm if the four time ballon d'Or winner would be fielded in the game.

CURyVUUXIAAeBqv.jpg
The 27-year old Argentine has been out of action since the end of September when he injured ligaments in his knee against Las Palmas.

“With respect to Leo, he’s back with the squad and the feelings are positive,” the Barca boss told a press conference.

“There’s still today’s [training] session and things we have to talk about. We know he won’t be 100 per cent, that’s impossible because he’s just coming back form injury, but it is great for us to know that he is recovered.”

Pushed on if Messi would start, Enrique responded: “I don’t have things planned yet. I will speak with Leo today and again tomorrow. An hour before the game, things will be decided.

“I watch all my players training, especially those coming back from injuries. You can see things, but it is the player who can tell you how he is feeling, how confident he is.

“I can tell you Leo is excited about his comeback. The great news is he is fit again.”

Ivan Rakitic is also in contention for the game against Real Madrid despite injuring his calf against BATE Borisov in the Champions League earlier this month.

Initial fears were that the Croatian midfielder would be out for a month, but he has trained this week and Enrique confirmed he is available for selection once again. Goal

Back