Sports Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd: Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp's Post Match Comments

L

LequteMan

Manchester United played a goalless draw with Liverpool on Saturday in an early Premier League match at Anfield.

Save for a De Gea save in the first half, it was for the most part a boring game. Liverpool failed to score from the multiple chances they create and Manchester United defended most of the time.

Speaking after the game, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, said: “In the first we had the ball and were always compact. We had a few shots in the second half.

"They played with a very strong midfield of Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson for 90 minutes but in the second half I had no one on the bench to change the direction of the game. I thought they were afraid of our counter attack.

"I just tried to improve in attacking areas where I could surprise them, but they kept a strong organisation in midfield. I was waiting for him [Klopp] to break it [the play] a bit more. But he didn’t let it break.

"A point, in this long marathon? A point at Anfield is OK."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said: “[It was] a good performance, I thought worthy of three points. We were unlucky in at least two, maybe three situations - of course the big chance when De Gea made the save.

"There were a lot of good individual performances. Even when the last few games for us were not perfect, we were clear and concentrated. When an opponent has this kind of defensive approach you will not create 20 chances.

"I felt the referee should have given us a penalty. Then, maybe, it was a red card with the Lukaku and Lovren situation. Two situations, with different outcomes producing maybe a different result.

“We need to be creative and brave in a situation like we are in. We don’t score easy goals anymore so the biggest challenge is not to lose confidence and we haven’t. We carry on. I told the boys already they took the hard way when they decided to join Liverpool."

Attachments

• jose-mourinho-jurgen-klopp_uxmbatdwal6914oz46qhcznkl.jpg
    jose-mourinho-jurgen-klopp_uxmbatdwal6914oz46qhcznkl.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 15
Mourinhos tactics though!!! Manu played like boys today, lukaku didnt even see ball till the foul.
Side note- mancity has really improved, if they keep this up, the league is theirs. De Bruyne is a starboy

Back