Liverpool forces Suarez to train alone

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Following his outbursts and decision to leave,Liverpool striker,Luis Suarez has been forced to train on his own,away from the first team.
Suarez is eager to leave the Merseyside club,and on Tuesday sought to be allowed to join a club that plays in the UEFA Champions League.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, who told Suarez to train on his own,says the Uruguayan has shown “total disrespect” for the club,and insisted that the they did not make any promises to the player,contrary to his claims.
“There were no promises made – categorically none – and no promises broken,” Rodgers said.
“The club and his representatives had several conversations and he knew exactly where he was at.
“There has been total disrespect of the club – a club that has given him everything.
“Obviously the remarks I’ve read are bitterly disappointing – but my job is bigger than that.”
Suarez missed Liverpool’s last pre-season game against Valenrega,after he pulled out with a suspicious injury,with the club growing disillusioned with his antics to seek for a move elsewhere.
“I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. I think Luis knows the support he’s had at the football club and that’s something that’s been unswerving throughout the whole of last season,” Rodgers added.
“My job is to fight and protect the club. The conversations I’ve had with him he knows I’ve had, and they will remain private,” Rodgers added.
Already Arsenal have seen two bids including the £40m+1 turned down by Liverpool,with the club insisting that he is not for sale.
There are reports that the 26-year old wants to hand in a transfer request in other to force through a move.

Continue reading...

Back