Entertainment Lord Of Ajasa Seeks Endorsement Deals, Slams Contemporary Artistes

Lord of Ajasa, Yoruba rapper known for pioneering Yoruba rap music in Nigeria has lamented the gross level of neglect that he has had to contend with over the years despite his role as a pioneer in the Nigerian music industry.

In a bold remark, the indigenous rapper also described the musical content of contemporary artistes as 'nonsense.'

"I pioneered indigenous rap music and today it has become lucrative and fashionable. Yet, these young musicians shy away from that fact. They try to hide it. If I don’t blow my trumpet, nobody will do it. But I deserve an award, recognition and endorsement because a lot of people look up to me as their mentor. Look at Eedris Abdulkareem and 9ice, for instance. I’m saying they should take care of the pioneers, but what impact have these new artistes really made in the society to deserve all the endorsements they are getting? I mean, they sing nonsense songs while we (pioneers) do evergreen and clean music. Yet they keep discouraging us. 2face is an exception I am okay with his brand of music, because his endorsements are well-deserved,” Lord of Ajasa said.

Source: Punch

#LordOfAjasa #LordOfAjasaSeeksEndoresements #YorubaRappers

Lord of Ajasa.jpg

Back