Sports Maigari queries Green over Kelechi Iheanacho's dressing to CAF awards

Green.JPG

President of the Nigeria Football Federation Aminu Maigari has queried chairman of the NFF's technical committee Chris Green,over the dressing of Kelechi Iheanacho to the CAF awards last week.

Iheanacho was the butt of ridicule over the way he was clad to the event,where he received an award as the Most Promising Talent in Africa.

Maigari was believed to have been angry over the youngster's dressing that he queried Green over the issue.

“We should not send wrong signals with the dressing of a teenager who appeared rough at the awards. Maigari was angry and queried me over his appearance”, Green was quoted as saying on Vanguard Sports.

However,Green noted that the boy's management was out of his hands as his father,James has taken control of ensuring that.

Iheanacho's father last week confirmed that his son has sealed a move to Manchester City pending his 18th birthday.

@curator Hahahahaha! Lionel Messi is known for his outlandish dress sense,for example his dressing to last night's Ballon d'or can't be said to be in anyway perfect. Seems like Iheanacho is borrowing a leaf from the maestro,well Nigerians don't have a problem with that so far as he replicates Messi on the pitch.

@curator Hahahahaha! Lionel Messi is known for his outlandish dress sense,for example his dressing to last night's Ballon d'or can't be said to be in anyway perfect. Seems like Iheanacho is borrowing a leaf from the maestro,well Nigerians don't have a problem with that so far as he replicates Messi on the pitch.
When you are Messi, you can where your underpants to the events :)

Messi's dressing wasn't exactly ridiculous - like Iheanacho's was. His suit was just in an unconventional color and a shiny material. I don't think any sports regulatory body would have the presence of mind to call him out on that.

Messi's dressing wasn't exactly ridiculous - like Iheanacho's was. His suit was just in an unconventional color and a shiny material. I don't think any sports regulatory body would have the presence of mind to call him out on that.

Two different scenarios but similar circumstances. Like you wouldn't see anything ridiculous in what Messi wore,so will another not think of Iheanacho's. When all the FIFPro XI players came out for their trophies last night,did you notice how Messi looked like their goalkeeper owing to his dressing? Last year he wore Polka dots suit to receive his award. Being who he is,I feel he can do better with a better 'dress manager.' For Iheanacho,he can be forgiven that he is not yet at Messi's level,so cannot afford an exotic wardrobe. Till he gets there,then the dress jury can be out for him.

Back