Politics Major Decisions in APC are Made in Tinubu's Parlour- Ikimi Reveals All

A

abujagirl

Tom Ikimi, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and former member of the All Progressives Congress, APC Board of Trustees has accused Bola Tinubu, Former Governor of Lagos state and APC national leader of hijacking the party.

Ikimi made the accusation in his defection statement. He wrote, "Major decisions said to be party decisions now started emerging from this select group whose ad hoc membership varied from time to time. They usually congregated at Tinubu’s private parlor in his Asokoro – Abuja residence. Those who wanted to belong had to find or force their way into that parlor. Once initiated, your independence or capacity to challenge the plots that emerged from that cult venue became seriously curtailed.

"It would come as no great surprise if Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s boasted great wealth did not derive from any stupendous inheritance ancient or modern. Or that his sudden bragging as though Nigeria’s Bill Gates is an accumulation of extraordinary hard work or financial wizardry. I would rather trust the informed whispers in the inner circles of the party which have it that having positioned himself as perceived leader in the most lucrative income sources of the party, he is recipient and dispenser of bags and bags of party funds.

"Who sold Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s ACN Presidential candidature in 2011? Was it Chief Tom Ikimi?", part of Ikimi's statement queried

Read the full statement titled “All Progressives Congress APC – My Reflections as obtained by PREMIUM TIMESr;

Following my widely publicized statement made in the aftermath of the 13th June 2014 All Progressives Congress APC National Convention I took time off to reflect on the state of the party, the emerging re-configuration of the general political Structure in the country, and the visionary effects on the state of our Nation.

I have spent almost 13 of the past 15 years faithfully dug in, in the trenches of the evolving democratic dispensations in our country, steadfastly pursuing my conviction that for true democracy to take firm root in Nigeria we should fall in line with the model practiced in successful democracies in the world, of a party in office and a scrutinizing alternative party holding the Government to account. We all have watched with admiration how in those other countries through a process of hitch-free General Elections, the baton of leadership changes hands from time to time from one Party to the other to provide alternative policies for their people.

Therefore I have never considered my location outside the ruling party, as being in an “opposition”, rather as supporting an alternative platform. All that was necessary for me was the association with individuals committed to build and uphold that platform. In this regard, my experiences during the era of the NRC and SDP in 1990 -1993 are invaluable reference data bank in my quest to work to reincarnate the reality of two dominant political platforms in our country.

Click here to read more

SOURCE: #PremiumTimes

#Ikimi #Tinubu #APC #Ribadu

Tom Ikimi.jpg

Ikimi's statement sounds like a scorned wife's whining. Didn't learn anything new about Tinubu or the APC

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=2]@Personal account[/USERGROUP]

I was going to say this. After that protracted speech, bros only said what we always knew about the APC, only with more bile.

When Tinubu was 'initiating' people into his 'cult in his sitting room', what was uncle Ikimi doing?

Back