Politics Makarfi Breaks Silence – What Will Happen To PDP Members Decamping To Other Parties

kemi

Social Member
The National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sen Ahmed Makarfi, has warned that elected officials who defected to other parties will “pay a political price.”

makarfi 2.jpg

Speaking during the party’s caucus meeting held in Abuja, the former Kaduna State governor said the party would reclaim the seats won by its former members, who defected to other parties

He described the defection of some PDP elected officials to other parties as an “unwise decision.’’

According to Makarfi, “For those, who are running helter skelter for one reason or the other to say they are cross carpeting.

“There is no division in PDP and it is unfortunate, but they will pay a political price for such unwise decision.

“I assure you, it is painful to lose anybody, but it was unwise decision taken by them.

“I assure you what is coming to PDP is much larger than what you may have contemplated and left PDP.

“So I am not bordered in the sense that it is a temporary setback, but more for them, because we are going to reclaim the seats, which they are occupying, because there is no division in PDP.’’

Makarfi’s warning is coming at a time when a senator representing Akwa Ibom South, Nelson Effiong, cross-carpeted from the party to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Back