Mall looting: Kenya Cops Warn Media- News24

L

LequteMan

images

Kenya's police chief has threatened journalists with arrest after they reported on looting and disarray among security forces during the massacre in Nairobi's Westgate shopping mall, media said on Thursday.

Police Inspector General David Kimaiyo told reporters it is "very clear that there is limit" to media freedom.

"We are looking within the law very closely for those individuals who in one way or another might have committed crimes... that soon they would be apprehended and appear before the court, and face the consequences of this," he said

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Mall-looting-Kenya-cops-warn-media-20131024

images

Kenya's police chief has threatened journalists with arrest after they reported on looting and disarray among security forces during the massacre in Nairobi's Westgate shopping mall, media said on Thursday.

Police Inspector General David Kimaiyo told reporters it is "very clear that there is limit" to media freedom.

"We are looking within the law very closely for those individuals who in one way or another might have committed crimes... that soon they would be apprehended and appear before the court, and face the consequences of this," he said

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Mall-looting-Kenya-cops-warn-media-20131024
@Lequte, is it security that stole goods from store after the attack? If the media reported that, then why the fuss, they are helping reduce crime rate and expose criminals or it seems Kenya do not want to air their dirty laundry which at the same time is a good thing but wrong also

Methinks their laundry is too dirty. They can't even afford to dry it in the sun after washing it indoors.

When people watch those videos, they see police stealing from and not protecting the store.

Methinks their laundry is too dirty. They can't even afford to dry it in the sun after washing it indoors.

When people watch those videos, they see police stealing from and not protecting the store.
hehhhhehehehhe, they shouldnt be ashamed or try to protect their image, its normal for every country to have a rotten egg in any organisation. Take for instance, Nigeria, the level of bribery in Police force has reduced cos they are all scared of having their faces online. So the media helps them reduce corruption

The politicians should pay wages etc to the police rather than give themselves fat salaries. Did you see the video of the police training camp? You would not get armed robbers training there.

Contrast with wages for the politicians and other fat cats. Why should they put their lives on the line for any of us?

@police - stop harassing the common man...

The politicians should pay wages etc to the police rather than give themselves fat salaries. Did you see the video of the police training camp? You would not get armed robbers training there.

Contrast with wages for the politicians and other fat cats. Why should they put their lives on the line for any of us?

@police - stop harassing the common man...
@curator :), any idea of how much is paid cos i used to think they pay them pennies thats why they keep harrasing us

They are endangering their lives. A hundred G's isn't worth a life.

Buh @d same time, it's a lil bit much. For most of 'em.

There should be a salary structure, with the minimum @ 50-60k *just saying*

E
They are endangering their lives. A hundred G's isn't worth a life.

Buh @d same time, it's a lil bit much. For most of 'em.

There should be a salary structure, with the minimum @ 50-60k *just saying*
@Lequte, endangering their lives? seems you have never had an encounter with the Nigerian popo, they do not care about anybody. I have seen situations were they duck from armed robbers. I can remember last year, were a group of robbers raided the mainland, they couldnt even show their faces, there are many scenarios trust me, very few of them know their vows and are disciplined.

Well what can I say, if some people in gov offices earn more than that for not going to work, then they can as well earn 100000 for putting on the uniforms and harassing the masses

^^I was only referring to those that really fight crime, not the patrol ants. *are they that scarce to find?*

The problem with Nigeria is mediocrity, docility and nonchalance.

If those at the top isn't punished for looting, those below them will attempt to loot; and some will succeed. At the end of the day, there won't be enough money to loot, which is the current situation.

ASUU wants some, house of reps wants too, the sente isn't left out, numerous politicians and state and federal officials n staffs all wanna earn money for doing nothing. Shame. :eek:

^^I was only referring to those that really fight crime, not the patrol ants. *are they that scarce to find?*

The problem with Nigeria is mediocrity, docility and nonchalance.

If those at the top isn't punished for looting, those below them will attempt to loot; and some will succeed. At the end of the day, there won't be enough money to loot, which is the current situation.

ASUU wants some, house of reps wants too, the sente isn't left out, numerous politicians and state and federal officials n staffs all wanna earn money for doing nothing. Shame. :eek:
@Lequte I no mind the cash too ohh

Back