Politics Mama Taraba Speaks On Joining Atiku Abubakar In PDP

M

mrsam

An ally of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, has denied speculations that she is planning to dump the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

The minister also pledged allegiance on President Muhammadu Buhari, saying “I am and I will continue to remain in APC.’’

“Atiku is my godfather even before I joined politics,” she said in Hausa. “And again, Baba Buhari did not tell us that he is going to run in 2019.”

“Let me tell you today that if Baba said he is going to contest in 2019, I swear to Allah, I will go before him and kneel and tell him that ‘Baba I am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to serve your government as a minister but Baba just like you know I will support only Atiku because he is my godfather. If Atiku said he is going to contest.”

But in a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, the minister, popularly called Mama Taraba, said she was not forced to leave the PDP on which platform she became a senator, she would remain in the APC.

“Politics is all about interest, and nobody forced me to leave PDP to join APC, so no want will force me out of it,” she said.

“I will continue to work for APC and that’s why I travelled out to Taraba, to campaign for our party’s candidate Sanusi Jambawaile.

“I know many may wish to see me leaving APC, but let me assure them I will remain in APC!
‘’So, how can I destroy the house we collectively built?”

Although, she declined comment on Mr. Abubakar’s defection from the APC, said the party “is intact in Taraba.’

mama taraba.jpg

Back