Metro Man Kills Self In Ebonyi Over Hardship

P

ProfRem

A middle-aged man in Ochafu village Igbeagu community in Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Nwedene Godwin, yesterday committed suicide in frustration.

The late Godwin, until his death had been traumatized which made him start behaving abnormally after he lost three of his motorcycles in Abuja as a commercial motorcyclist. The situation forced him to return home to his village.

Sources close to the deceased’s family revealed to Leadership that when he could not bear his sudden poor condition anymore, he chose to hang himself on a tree in a bush where his body was found dangling.
The wife, Kelechi, who is nursing a year and two-month-old baby said her husband had suffered setbacks in his motorcycle business on three occasions in Abuja where he was residing.

eb.JPG

She noted that Godwin bought three motorcycles and lost all of them to hoodlums.

Kelechi who spoke in tears said since the incidents, her husband never recovered from the shock, even when she keep consoling him to hope in God for recovery.
“My husband has been behaving strangely since he lost all his motorcycles to robbers. He has been so traumatized, such that he can’t talk.

“At times I tried to force words out of him to tell me what his problem was, apart from the motorcycles he lost but he could not talk to me; he will just remain silent and look at me.’’

Last edited:
Back