Metro Man Who Named Dog Buhari: Chinakwe's Words After His Release From Prison

L

LequteMan

Joachin Chinakwe Iroko, the Ogun state trader who named his pet dog 'Buhari' was recently released from prison. Here are his words afterwards:

“Prison is a place to experienced in one’s life. It is like a rehabilitation home: you learn many things there and there are many people you may not have the opportunity to talk to. “But in prison, you will sit down with them and discuss. There are many things you take for granted, but when you go to prison you know there is law.

“The only thing I am regretting about my coming to prison is the intimidation from the Hausa community. Going to prison is a golden moment for me.”

“As a matter of fact, they misunderstood me. I have three dogs: one bears Obama, one bears Joe, an abbreviation of my name. The third is named Buhari.

“I named these dogs after my role models. My late dog was named after Nelson Mandela. I don’t just give any name to my dogs. I give reputable names to my dogs. It is love I have for Buhari; he is my role model.

“Buhari is not the President of the North. He is the President of Nigeria. I see no reason why Northerners should intimidate me: Nigeria is one. “I see no reason why they will be intimidating me. It is my right to name my dog any name.

“Thank God, I have regained my freedom. The most painful thing is the way they treated my dog. I am not happy that they killed my dog, while I was in detention.

“It is my dog, it is my pet. I love my dogs. They have no right to kill my dog.

“Nigerians should know that there are other dogs in other areas that bear Jack as name. Why is Buhari so special. It is a name that has been existing for several years.” Matters took a funny twist when Iroko was stranded after he was released, as he did not have transport fare to go to his Sango residence.

According to Vanguard, Iroko was stranded after his release as he had no transport fare to go back home. Funny.

Attachments

• chinakwe1.PNG
    chinakwe1.PNG
    214 KB · Views: 10
take for granted, but when you go to prison you know there is law.
Which law? Pet laws? Oh please... I don't want to believe that naming your pet is taking the law for granted. Besides, the state has no business in one's personal life... Enough of limiting personal freedom and individual choices.

Back