Sports Manchester United have given up on Fabregas – Barcelona Sporting Director

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Barcelona have revealed that Manchester United,may no longer be in for their midfielder,Cesc Fabregas,whom they made bids for this summer.
Sporting director of the club, Andoni Zubizarreta,said that he believes the English side will not press further for the 26-year old.
Manchester United have seen two offers turned down by Barcelona,who insisted that Fabregas wasn’t for sale.
“We count on Cesc [Fabregas], we’re delighted to have him,” Zubizarreta told Mundo Deportivo.
“[Manchester] United said they understand our position and won’t try any longer,” he added.
Corroborating Barcelona’s claims,Arsenal manager,Arsene Wenger on Sunday reiterated that the player will not leave Spain this year.
“I haven’t heard that comment [that it is reportedly up to Fabregas if he leaves Barcelona] Wenger said after his team’s 2-1 loss to Galatasaray in the Emirates Cup.”
”I haven’t read it so I’m always a bit cautious to answer what a manager is supposed to have said.”
“I don’t know. What I know is that Fabregas will stay one more year at least in Barcelona, that’s the information I have. If that changes, I don’t know, but I have been told that,” Wenger added.

Continue reading...

Back