Manchester United might not sign anybody – Moyes

Manchester United manager,David Moyes has dashed the hopes of an expectant fan-base, adding that the club might not be making any summer signings.
The club have been linked with a host of players this summer,but failed in their effort to land their number one target,Cesc Fabregas,after Barcelona turned down three bids from Manchester United for the player.
There are nine days left before the transfer window shuts on September 2 and many expected Moyes to at least sign one midfielder,to strengthen United’s perceived weakness in that area.
“There is a need to do it but there is no pressure to do it,” Moyes said at a press conference.
“We’ve been talking about it since I took the job on 1 July. I have an idea of where I’d like to strengthen and what we need to do.”
“But we won’t do it because people like you tell us we should be signing players. We’ll do it because we think it’s the right thing to do. If the right players are available then great, but, if not, the first thing we’ll do is encourage our own young players in the squad to do as well as they did last year.”
“There is a possibility [we won't sign anybody] but the plan is we bring in one or two if we can. I think there is [value out there] but we have only targeted certain players and don’t have a big, big list. There are only certain quality players we want to bring to the club.”

Continue reading...

Back