Entertainment Mercy Aigbe - Why I Stayed With My Husband Despite The Beatings

A

abujagirl

Nollywood actor, Mercy Aigbe has given an exclusive interview to Broadway TV on surviving domestic violence and why she stayed in her marriage.

Mercy Aigbe2.jpg

''He beats me consistently I stayed because I loved him and because every time he beats me, he begs and gets family and friends to beg me. He promised regularly to change but he never did. When my husband gets angry, he gets physical, not only to me but to anyone. He has done that with my house help who reported him to the Police years ago. I stayed because of my children and because a lot of people look up to me. I was a role model of some sort and I really wanted to keep it together. I just wanted a home,'' Mercy Aigbe said.

On why she wants to leave now, the actress said, '' It’s not like I wanted to walk away but I just feel like we need help. I spoke to my husband’s brother about it. I told him I was going to pack out for some time while my husband seeks therapy. I just wanted to feel safe, that is why I moved my things out. This last beating was brutal. I actually thought I was going to die. I’m still coughing and sneezing blood even after three weeks.''

What do you teach your children after abuse when you stay with an abusive man. What do you teach them about self respect. Mercy wants to die ontop marriage

my friend.. Sharap there!!! you stayed because of what? Abeeggi, spare me that lie jor.. u only stayed because of Money .
if it was a poor man that was beating u like that, would you had stayed till the next day sef? Nonsense! see her ugly face without make-up:mad::mad::mad:

Back