Sports Michael Babatunde goes clubless this summer

Super Eagles midfielder, Babatunde Michael has revealed that he has parted ways with his Ukrainian Club, Volyn Lutsk last Wednesday.

The 24 year old former Heartland FC player said he could not continue with the club who has failed to pay his wages for over seven months.
babatunde-micheal.jpg

Babatunde, who was a member of the Super Eagles team that crashed out of the FIFA world cup in Brazil in the knock out stage added that he will be open to offer from any reasonable club ahead of the 2015/16 football season.

“I have quit my Ukrainian club Volyn Lutsk because we had some issues of salary payment. They owe me about seven months salaries which made me to terminate my contract with the club,” Babatunde told Goal.

The player's contract was due to end this summer.

“I have cancelled my contract with them and I am looking forward to joining a new club now.

“Right now I have many offers coming from clubs from Spain, Germany, Belgium and other two clubs also in Ukraine.

“I just keep on praying to God to show me the right club that I will go that I will have playing time.

“I need playing time because after I came back from injury I started playing. So I need playing time so that all my fans in Nigeria and abroad will be happy that I am playing regularly with a club and the Chief Coach of the national team will be happy too,” he said.

The midfielder also expressed optimism that the Super Eagles will beat the visiting Chad national team on Saturday in Kaduna.

“Yes, I believe we will win the match because we have a lot of quality players that are capable of making Nigeria proud in any match they play,” he said.

“The players the coach invited for this game are super ready to give their very best against Chad because you don’t get this kind of opportunity to play in the national team always,” Babatunde concluded. Goal

Back