Sports Mikel Obi - I Spent More Than £30,000 On Nigeria's Dream Team During Rio Olympics [VIDEO]

A

abujagirl

Super Eagles Captain, John Mikel Obi has disclosed that he spent over £30,000 in catering for the Dream Team VI in the just concluded Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

mikel obi.jpg

Speaking to Goal.com, the Chelsea Star said, ''I think if we talk about the money that I put into the team I think it was more than (£30,000). But we just had to do it.

''I came to the camp. I sat down with the boys in Atlanta and I could see the frustration, the pain and the anger. Their aim was to play in the Olympics, their goal was to play in the Olympics. And for me being there and seeing what they are going through, they are young boys, they want to start their career and someone in the ministry is trying to crush that dream.

''I said to myself, ‘I won’t let this happen. If I can help, I’ll try to help’. Sometimes there was no food, sometimes there was no pitch to train on, there was no bus to go to the training ground. So all of this was what me and the coach had to figure out, and get money together,” he said.

See video below:

Back