Sports Mikel Speaks About Leaving Chelsea in January

L

LequteMan

Super Eagles Captain, John Mikel Obi, has surreptitiously stated his intent to leave Chelsea football club.

Mikel is yet to play a single minute for Chelsea since the beginning of this campaign season. He is the most senior member of the squad apart from John Terry.

Speaking on Friday, he dropped hint he might be looking for an exit in January.

"Yes, people will say 'he went to the Olympics' and 'he didn't have a pre-season with the team' and a new manager came in and was probably upset I went to the Olympics and thinks I don't care about the team.

"I don't want to make excuses. In the end of the day, I have to keep training hard and trying to change the manager's mind. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

"I will keep doing my best and ready for when called up upon. We will see what happens in January."

Mikel stands by his contribution, he joined Chelsea 10 years ago, having won the Premier League twice and both the Champions League and Europa League once during his spell and is confident his achievement will be remembered.

"I have been a part of the best years of this club. Chelsea never won the Champions League before, I was there and I was the man of the match in the final," he said.

"I still want to win more and help the team. Players move on in life but I am relaxed about January. I will speak to the club find the best solution.

"I could say a lot of things which could put me in trouble, but I would rather be quiet."

Attachments

• Mikel2.jpg
    Mikel2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 25
Back