Metro Mother of Freed Chibok Girl Amina Cries Out - My Daughter Doesn't Want to Remain a Muslim

A

abujagirl

Binta Ali, mother of Amina Ali, one of the Chibok schoolgirls who was rescued after two years in Boko Haram captivity has spoken about her daughter's progress.

Amina Ali.jpg

Speaking with Reuters she said, "Before she was kidnapped, she wanted to further her education. But now she is afraid of schooling, and she wants to be close to me at home''.

Binta revealed that Amina wants a sewing machine so that she can start a business making clothes.

Binta said she was also worried that her daughter was being pressured into following Islam, having been forced to convert from Christianity to Islam by Boko Haram militants during her captivity.

"Amina herself does not want to remain a Muslim," Binta said, explaining how an Islamic teacher had visited the house several times and told her daughter to maintain her new faith.

"She did not want to see him," Binta said, adding that the teacher had stopped visiting after she complained about him.

Amina also told her mother how some of the kidnapped girls had died in captivity, while others suffered broken legs or went deaf after being too close to explosions. But she pleaded with her mother not to break the news to the families in Chibok.

"Other parents have been coming to visit me since I returned," Binta said. "But I have not told them anything, even though I know some of those whose daughters have died."

Amina was rescued few days to President Muhammadu Buharri's one year in office.

Back