Sports Mourinho Hails Mikel's Performance In League Cup Victory

Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, has expressed satisfaction in Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi in his side's 4-1 Capital One victory over Walsall at the Bescot Stadium.

Mikel Obi.jpg

The EPL champions have now gone three games undefeated following their rough start to their title defence in the premiership.

Goals from Ramires, Loic Remy, Kenedy and Pedro help the Blues advance into the fourth round of the League Cup but were tested against Dean Smith’s side.

Mikel, alongside Ramires and Loftus-Cheek were deployed in a three-man midfield for the Blues, with the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Nemanja Matic on the bench.

“We brought a good solid defence and the midfield was really good. Mikel and Ramires played amazingly well,” Mourinho told Westlondonsport.

“I analysed Walsall before. I was surprised with the quality of their play.

“They were a different team to normal in League One; not so physical, and technically fast. They were very well organised.

“I haven’t found a team in League One playing the quality of football that they tried to play,” he concluded.

Mikel who was on for the entire duration of the game was cautioned in the 39th minute.

Chelsea face a tricky test against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in the fourth round of the League Cup. Goal

Back