Sports Mourinho pledges future to Chelsea

LMK-029168.jpg

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has pledged his future to the Stamford Bridge side insisting that he doesn't want to manage any other club.

The former Real Madrid manager who assumed the managerial position at the London club for the second time,said that he will only leave Stamford Bridge if sacked by the Blues.

"I'm not here thinking about my next move because I don't want to have a next move," Mourinho told Monday's London Evening Standard newspaper.

"I will have a next move if and when Chelsea decides it's time for that.

"I'm here to stay. I belong to Chelsea, Chelsea belong to me. I gave a lot to Chelsea in the past but they also gave a lot to me.

"This is a different professional relationship," added Mourinho, whose current Chelsea side are just a point behind Premier League leaders' Arsenal ahead of the Gunners match away to Aston Villa later Monday.

Mourinho helped the west London club to back-to-back Premier League titles, one FA Cup and two League Cup triumphs but his lack of European success saw the owner, Abramovich part ways with him in 2007.

After leaving Chelsea, Mourinho, a Champions League-winning manager at Portuguese side Porto in 2004, he steered Italian side Inter Milan to European club football's biggest prize in 2010 and then joined Spanish giants Real Madrid.

"We kept our house (in London) from last time and, although we tried to hide it, we came lots of times," said Mourinho.

"The success I had in my career gave me the possibility to choose my destiny.

"When I made the decision I didn't know if Chelsea would be available and if the door would be open but when it did, the picture was perfect for me."

"I'm not a person with a big social life. I just want the simple things in life but even the simple things I lost in Italy, Spain and Portugal," he explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back