Moyes unhappy with Manchester United opening fixtures

C

Chris Maduewesi

Manchester United manager,David Moyes has criticised his team’s opening fixtures for the new English Premier League season,suggesting that it could have been borne out of envy.
Moyes said that he cannot understand his team’s opening games,adding that he finds it “hard to believe.”
“I find it hard to believe that’s the way the balls came out of the bag, that’s for sure,” Moyes said.
“I think it’s the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had,” he added.
“I hope it’s not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult.”
Manchester United’s first five games will see them play three big teams: Chelsea,Manchester City and Liverpool.
But the Premier League governing body said: “We have absolutely assured him the process is random and above board. He has accepted those assurances.”
Moyes also took the time to reiterate that Wayne Rooney will not be sold and added that they will be adding to their squad.
“It was great for Wayne to get fitness and he played for 65 minutes or so, so overall I was really pleased with the outcome,” said Moyes.
“Hopefully when I get back to Old Trafford I will be able to tell you how he is and how his fitness is so. Until I assess that I can’t say any more,” he added.
Reports coming out this evening,have it that Manchester United have inquired from Real Madrid about the possibility of signing one of their midfielders,Luka Modric or Mesuit Ozil.

Continue reading...

Back