Murray helps Great Britain qualify for Davis Cup

British tennis player,Andy Murray played a pivotal role in helping Great Britain qualify for the Davis Cup tournament.
Murray defeated Croatia’s Ivan Dodig,which sealed Britain’s qualification in the tournament for the first time since 2008.
The two-time Grand Slam winner beat Dodig 6-4 6-2 6-4 to give Britain an unassailable 3-1 lead,that saw them through to the best-of-five play-off.
“I thought it was a pretty good match. I gave him very few opportunities on my serve,” said Murray.
“It got pretty hostile towards the end. It was good to go through in that kind of atmosphere. You don’t see that much in Grand Slam matches, and it is good for character-building.”
But Murray is already looking to the next round,adding that they are ready to face any of the big guns.
“I would just like a home tie, in a big arena, against one of the top teams.”
“It is an incredibly difficult competition to win because some of the teams have so much depth. It depends on the ties and whether you are at home.”
“We could easily draw Spain away in the first round and that would be an ugly match-up for us – very difficult to win,” Murray was quoted as saying on BBC Sport.

Continue reading...

Back