Sports My dad Convinced Me To Join Manchester City- Kelechi Iheanacho

Flying Eagles and Dream Team VI forward, Kelechi Iheanacho has disclosed that he would have joined Porto but for his dad, who doubles as his agent who convinced him of the Manchester City choice.

Iheanacho.jpg

The 19-year old revealed that he was this close to signing the deal with the portuguese side before making a u-turn to sign for former Premier League champions, City.

"I was close to signing for FC Porto, where I really wanted to go, but my agent said City was a much better prospect and my father told me I should join City because I would have a much better future here," Iheanacho told The Express. "So that's what I did.

"Nobody knows what will happen but because City are such a big team with so many fantastic players I didn't believe I'd have a future here, but my father did and he gave me to confidence I needed. Now I'm happy I took his advice."

Iheanacho, who was not registered for the UEFA champions league by City has scored twice for the team against Crystal Palace this season- First in a league game and the other in their capital one cup 5-1 spanking of Alan Pardew's men, after which they advanced to the next round of the championship.

He was the man of the match in a 5-1 thrashing of Crystal Palace Wednesday in a Capital One game with a goal and two assists.

Back