Sports My goals are not a guarantee I will be in Brazil - IK Uche

Nigerian striker Ikechukwu Uche has admitted that his goals for club,Villareal won't be a guarantee that he will be in the Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Uche has not been invited to the Super Eagles since last year February that Nigeria won the 2013 African Nations Cup in South Africa.

But he has been in fine form for his club Villareal,leading the lines and has now scored 12 goals in 17 appearances this season,with many clamouring for his return to the Super Eagles.

"I do not know if (Keshi) will have me for the World Cup. Many may think that getting goals in a league like the (La Liga) should be (enough to get me into) the Nigeria squad, but I can only say that it does not depend on me. If they call me, fine, and if not, I will keep working,” he told Marca.

Villareal are in contention for a Champions League spot next next season,currently in fifth position on the log,with Uche accounting for most of his side's goals this season.

“There’s continuous help (and) all partners are working very well, and if not for them it wouldn’t be possible for me to score goals. I hope it continues. I just know I’m going to keep working game after game. I do not think too much about how many goals I can get; I always say that what matters most to me is that the team keeps winning and to make every effort,” he said

-allsport.jpg

Back