Sports My Greatest Regret As Man Utd Manager – Sir Alex Ferguson

kemi

Social Member
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his greatest regret in his entire coaching career at Manchester United.

fergie.PNG

The manager said missing out on the Champions League final in 2001-02 was one he would never forget.

The Red Devils were eliminated from the competition at the semi-final stage by Bayer Leverkusen, denying the legendary manager the opportunity to lead his side out at Hampden in his home city of Glasgow.

Ferguson had a tremendous record in cup finals at the home of Scottish football, winning on three occasions, and he rues the missed opportunity to do so on the European game’s biggest stage.

“The one I really regret was not taking Manchester United to the final in 2002,” he said as Glasgow’s logo for Euro 2020 was unveiled on Tuesday. “The whole build up was about getting to the final in Glasgow, but we lost the semi-final to Leverkusen.

“We were a bit unlucky - we ran out of time,” he joked, with a reference to the famous 'Fergie time'. “The referee couldn’t understand my time and his time!”

Back