Metro N45,000 is the Maximum that Should be Charged in Federal Universities – Minister

kemi

Social Member
Students in federal universities may now have a cause to celebrate as the Federal Government is working to harmonise tuition fees payable in the schools.

The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, made this known while fielding questions on the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja on Tuesday.
mallam adamu.jpg
He noted that the move is to stop arbitrary charge of fees by some university authorities and forestall frequent closure of the schools.

“Since the protests started, we have summoned the authorities of the universities and sat down with them and we are going to harmonise everything.

“Because, I think it is N45,000 that is the maximum that should be charged. I know in some places, there has been other arrangement.

“But the ministry would harmonise everything and I believe there will be no more protests over fees.

NAN recalls that the Universities of Lagos, Ibadan and Port Harcourt were recently shut down following students’ protests over increase in fees, lack of water and power supply on the campuses.

Back