"Nano Silver Unfit for Treating Ebola" - Minister of Health

Vunderkind

Social Member
The Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, who initially announced the arrival of Nano silver for treating the Ebola virus in Nigeria, has said the drug will not be administered to patients as the drug did not meet required health standards.

“You will recall that last Thursday, I announced that we were ready to deploy an experimental drug, Nano Silver, if it was cleared by the national health research committee,” he said. “Although, the drug had since last Thursday been made available to the emergency operation in Lagos, it had not been administered to any patient, because we were awaiting clearance from the national health research ethics committee.

“I regret to inform you that the drug did not meet the requirements of the national health research ethic code. Accordingly, approval for its use was withheld.

“I wish to inform you that other candidate drugs are currently being evaluated by the Treatment Research Group for EVD. As soon as any of the experimental drug is cleared and made available, we shall include it in the treatment regimen subject to the informed consent of the patient.”

Click here to read more

Source: #TheCable

Attachments

• ebola vaccine.jpg
    ebola vaccine.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 18
Back