Politics National Conference: Many of Nigeria's Problems were Caused by Present Delegates

A

abujagirl

According to Sahara Reporters, on Tuesday, during the first plenary of the National conference, former Senator, Florence Ita-Giwa and Emir of Dutse, Nuhu Sanusi, said that many of the problems Nigeria is facing was caused by some of the same delegates to the National Conference.

Sanusi is quoted telling delegates," We are responsible for what Nigeria is facing today and we are also the answer to the problem of this country. There is corruption from the local government to the highest level.

On her part, Ita-Giwa is quoted saying,"Some of the problems facing this country today were caused by some of us who are in this Conference. She also called for a flower vest that was kept in front of Conference Chairman, Idris Kutigi to be removed, so that he would have direct eye contact with delegates on the floor.

Human rights activist, Pastor Tunde Bakare contributed his fair share to the drama during the proceeding, as he drew attention to the Islamic prayer offered by Conference Chairman ,before calling the Conference to session, and called for a uniformed prayer.

"Mr. Chairman, yesterday you said something at the inauguration of the Conference, and I did not understand. Today again, you said it. I think you should pray in the way all of us understand because if I stand up and say, ‘Praise the Lord somebody,’ we will turn this place into a church service.

Another delegate complained about a situation where members who arrived early were asked to vacate their seats for elder statesmen, and monarchs, who came late.

Nigerian Bulletin will keep you informed on the day to day proceedings of the National Conference.

justice idris.jpg

Back