Politics New PDP youths to mobilize 40,000 students against FG

Paul

images

Recourse seems to have come the way of Nigerian students as the New PDP youth wing has warned the Federal Government to resolve the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

According to Punch Newspaper, the newly appointed Youth Leader of the ‘New PDP’, Mr. Timi Frank, said that the attitude of the President Goodluck Jonathan administration towards the striking university teachers was indicative of the fact that the government had “lost track with the basic tenets of governance.”

Frank, who is also a special assistant to ex-Vice President Abubakar Atiku, who spoke in Abuja while unfolding the plans of the PDP faction for Nigerian youth said:

“I am going to take this campaign up as the National Youth Leader of the new PDP. I am going to lead over 40,000 students to a protest against the present government because it has not done anything to demonstrate that the future of the Nigerian youth is paramount in its agenda. I have begun consultations with various student groups and we will unfold our strategies for the mass protest soon.

“University undergraduates are at home, but today nobody is talking about the situation, all what they are talking about is their 2015 ambition. PDP will not give any leader 2015 that will not stand by the youths of this country and that will not resolve the ASUU crisis. Anybody that wants to stand under the platform of PDP must show commitment to the plight of the Nigerian youth.”

Frank stressed that the only option to the government’s obstinacy was to organise students into a mass action against it.

“Since all entreaties to make government honour its agreement with the lecturers had failed, the only option left for anyone concerned about the future of this country is to mobilise the affected students for a mass protest. I have held numerous meetings with various student groups in the country for the mass protest.

“Before I became the National Youth Leader of the new PDP, I had been speaking against the injustice being meted out to the Nigerian students over the ongoing ASUU strike. I can assure you that this is an issue the new PDP will address,” he said.

This frank guy is looking for publicity to moi, those are empty threats..
On the other hand, I think GEJ wants to solve the crisis next year- in order to include it in his campaign manifestos

Back