Politics News Agency of Nigeria Lied; APC,New PDP Merger Sealed

A

abujagirl

Prince Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, the publicity secretary of the defunct new Peoples' Democratic Party (new PDP) has countered a statement which was widely circulated by the News Agency of Nigeria. The statement had claimed that the merger between the new and APC, was still on hold.

According to PM News, Eze denied issuing the statement. He said, “It has been brought to my notice that a statement denying the merger between the New Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been credited to me and my office. I was quoted as saying that the MOU between the two parties is yet to be signed and because of this the merger is yet to be effected.

“I wish to state that no such statement was at any time issued by me or my office. Instead, I wish to reiterate that the MOU between us and APC has been duly signed by both the nPDP National Chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, and the National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande.

“In this regard, the general public should disregard any statement from whatever source which tries to give the impression that the merger between us and APC is in danger. The truth in that the merger is waxing stronger by the day and that our resolve to save our fledgling democracy is unshakable.

“As we stated in our press statement of yesterday, President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP leadership should come to terms with the fact that PDP is now an opposition political party and Jonathan should start writing his handover notes as APC is fully set to take over the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in 2015 so as to give Nigerians the dividends of democracy they have been yearning for.

images

The plot thickens.... ?
One thing is for sure: the concluding part of this film will move it up in the mmovie ranks.

Back