Sports NFF contacts German coach Christoph Daum to replace Keshi

Reports have emerged that the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) last week approached a German coach to take over from Stephen Keshi as Super Eagles coach.

Former Bayer Leverkusen manager, Christoph Daum revealed that the NFF approached him with an offer to coach the African champions.

"I had offers last week to become coach of Nigeria," Daum told Sky Sports.

Currently without a job,Daum said that he will start coaching a team,although he declined mentioning if it was a club or national team side.

"By next year, I'll take over a team," Daum added.

The 60-year old has previously worked German clubs: FC Cologne, VfL Stuttgart and Eintracht Frankfurt and others.

Keshi is yet to get a substantive contract with the NFF and is only back managing the Super Eagles on an interim basis.

The new NFF leadership that will emerge today is expected to make a decision on his future,whether to retain him or dispense with his services.

Keshi vs Bosnia.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This NFF don taya person. Dem wan haya another Laskgarback???
Do you think these people even have any idea on football administration of money administration? they don't have any singular idea what it takes and they are fighting like cats and dogs in the race to glass house for another four years......... we are in for a rough drive anyway

Do you think these people even have any idea on football administration of money administration? they don't have any singular idea what it takes and they are fighting like cats and dogs in the race to glass house for another four years......... we are in for a rough drive anyway
I'm telling you. These guys are only there for the money and the travelling benefits.

NFF can only function well if its under a military rule.

Back