Sports NFF crisis not affecting the Super Eagles

Eagles vs Iran.gif
Players of the Super Eagles have revealed that they are not bothered about the crisis rocking the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) adding that they are more concerned about winning their upcoming 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Congo and South Africa.

Nigeria's problems could get to a level that world football governing body,FIFA might suspend the country if the Chris Giwa led faction do not stop laying claims to the NFF leadership.

If the ban happens by Monday, the result against Congo will be rendered null and void and the squad will be stopped from travelling to South Africa to face Bafana Bafana next week.

The Confederations of African Football has also stated that the development will mean that Nigeria will be disqualified from taking any further part in the 2015 Afcon qualification.

Spokesman of the team Ben Alaiya said the players are all professionals, who understand that they must remain unwavering on their primary objective.

“These guys (Eagles’ stars) are thoroughbred professionals. They are the property of the Nigerian people.

“The truth is that even the different factions of the NFF want the boys to succeed so nothing is affecting the boys. They are focused on doing well,” Alaiya told supersport.com.

Midfielders Nosa Igiebor and Ogenyi Onazi also echoed the sentiments of Alaiya.

“We are not disturbed about the issues at the NFF. We are focusing on the matches we have to play because that is our job.

“We will not underrate anybody but we are promising Nigerians a win on Saturday,” Igiebor said.

On his part, SS Lazio midfielder Onazi refrained from making any predictions.

“I don’t have any predictions. I am optimistic and I depend on God.

“We want to win the game. We will try our best and hope that God helps us too,” he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back