Sports NFF Learnt About Enyeama's Retirement On Social Media- Olajire

The Nigeria Football Federation's assistant director of information, Ademola Olajire has insisted that the Lille of France goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has not informed the federation of his retirement from national team.

Ademola-Olajire….jpg

The former Enyimba number one goalie, remains the most capped player for the Eagles after reaching a 101 milestone in the Green and White Jersey of Nigeria.

The 33-year old, who already considered retirement but after the 2017 nations cup had an open altercation with the national team manager, Sunday Oliseh on Tuesday over captaincy matter, and this has been the focal points of his pulling out of the team earlier than planned.

It would also be re-called that the 2013 African Cup of Nations winning goalkeeper was made to appear by the disciplinary committee of the NFF, led by barrister Chris Green, following his security alert issue on the Kaduna stadium, where former manager, Stephen Keshi led the team to a 2-0 victory over Chad in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers in June.

The NFF’s Assistant Director of Information, Ademola Olajire, told The PUNCH on Thursday that they heard of the former captain’s decision to quit the team like every other Nigeria via the social media channel, Instagram.

He said, “He didn’t inform the NFF before and hasn’t as we speak. We got to know through the same channel like any other person.

“A meeting was scheduled with the NFF president (Pinnick) but he left before the president got to the camp.”

Enyeama wrote on his Intagram page on Thursday, “I have fought a good fight for more than 13years. I have finished my course; I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion. Henceforth, there is laid for me a crown which only God can reward me for my 13years of national services. God bless Nigeria. From henceforth I am no more the captain of the Nigerian senior football team. I am no more the goalie of the team. I am out of the team. I am no more available for international duties. I want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter worldwide. It’s been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerians are there for me and God is with me. God bless Nigeria. #Endofanera

Back