NFF President delighted of Nigeria’s qualification for CHAN

C

Chris Maduewesi

President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Aminu Maigari,has praised the homebased Eagles for securing a hard-fought qualification, for next year’s African Nations Championship(CHAN)
Despite losing 2-0 to Ivory Coast in Abidjan,Nigeria still qualified,4-3 on aggregate,and will now make their first appearance at the CHAN championship in South Africa.
“It was never going to be easy, but I was confident the Eagles would pull it through and make Nigeria proud. Of course, there were bound to be so many odds against them, being on away ground,”Maigari said.
“To hold steadfast after that opening barrage on away ground is not easy; it takes a team that has strength of character and determination. I commend the players and their officials for a job well-done,” the NFF President added.
He further added that the good turn of events witnessed in Nigerian football,can be attributed to the new-found peace that has returned to the football federation.
“You see, all these positives are coming because we now have peace in the football family. Peace is a catalyst for progress. And as I said on Channels Television on Thursday night, the NFF will remain eternally grateful to the Secretary to Federal Government, Distinguished Senator Anyim Pius Anyim (GCON) and the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for brokering the peace.”

Continue reading...

Back